Industrial Equipment Training Services
At Wiese, we want to ensure that you are happy with all of your material handling equipment purchases and that your staff is properly trained for operational efficiency. Our training courses are in accordance with OSHA Reg. 29 CFR 1910.178 for Power Industrial Trucks, ANSI A92.5 for Telescopic Booms, and ANSI A92.6 for Scissor Lifts.
New ANSI Stnadards for 2019
Employers, owners and operators must be in compliance by December 10, 2019.
Learn more abour the new ANSI standards by contacting your Wiese USA Trainers today!
OSHA Regulations for Equipment Training
Did you know that OSHA requires all operators of forklift and aerial equipment to have proper training and certification?
- OSHA Regulation 1910.178(l)(1)(ii) states that “prior to permitting an employee to operate a powered industrial truck (except for training purposes), the employer shall ensure that each operator has successfully completed the training required...”
- OSHA Regulation 1910.178(l)(4)(iii) states that “an evaluation of each powered industrial truck operator's performance shall be conducted at least once every three years.”
- ANSI A92.6-2006 states that “all users of aerial platforms receive operator and safety training for those aerial platforms which are utilized at the workplace or jobsite.”
Proper certification records and safety training for your employees helps to shield your company from OSHA violations and expensive liabilities, should an accident occur that involves your material handling equipment.
To learn more about the OSHA requirements, please visit our Forklift Training FAQs.
Industrial Equipment & Forklift Safety Training
Proper training and operator certification for the operators of your lift trucks, high reach and other material handling equipment benefits your business in many ways:
- Help to safeguard your employees from injuries and accidents
- Well trained employees are more productive
- Avoid costly OSHA violations when your team is in compliance
- Train the trainer certifications allow you to train new team members at a minimal expense
Operator Training & "Train-the-Trainer" Services
Wiese USA offers a wide variety of training courses, taught by highly experienced technical instructors. We can also provide bilingual (English & Spanish) training courses and materials to meet the needs of your diverse workforce.
- Classroom operator certification for groups of 5 or more
- Train the trainer certification
- Courses conducted at your jobsite
- Maintain your training records for 7+ years
Our Safety Training Courses
Forklift & Industrial Trucks Training
- Wiese offers a full line of training classes for your staff that cover the safe and proper operation of forklifts and other power industrial trucks as required by OSHA. Refresher courses and continuing instructor education programs are available as well.
Aerial Work Platforms Training
- You can cover all work platforms or focus on just one in this course. ANSI A92 standards for the safe and correct operation of boom lifts, scissor lifts, and manually-propelled, elevating work platforms are emphasized.
Trackmobile Rail Car Movers Training - Please contact Jeff Yates or submit your request for Trackmobile training
- Examines the safe and proper operation of Trackmobile Railcar Movers including extensive hands-on training, railing, coupling and use of train air brakes as required by OSHA.
- The refresher courses required by OSHA are available for any Wiese training program.
- Wiese offers Train-the-Trainer programs that will provide the information necessary for potential instructors to conduct professional operator training programs at your firm.
- Power Industrial Trucks
- Rough Terrain Vehicles
- Aerial Work Platforms
- Trackmobile Railcar Movers
Training Services Contacts
For training services, please contact your local representative or fill out the form at the bottom of this page:
- Missouri, Kansas & Illinois Contact: Rick Blowers at 314-308-7037
- Tennessee & Mississippi Contact: Phil Smith or Case Cooper at 901-365-8830
- Indiana Contact: Matt Shirley at 317-554-0478
- Arkansas Contact: Phil Smith or Case Cooper at 501-945-2394